Move More. Play More. Eat Well.
Preventing Chronic diseases and ensuring affordable healthy food choices
and opportunities to be active where you live, work shop and play.
Stay connected with us using our social media feed and latest news on physical fitness, nutrition, health policies and the Philadelphia health scene.
- February 17, 2017 - Celebrating Black History Month with Healthy Role Models Black History Month is a time to celebrate a culture and remember those who have made great strides throughout history. Many of these significant African American figures have proven to be role models in many ways. Not only have we seen strong men and women fight for […]
- February 13, 2017 - Do you wish you could feel better, live a healthier lifestyle, and reduce your stress but have trouble making the changes you know you should make to get there? Get Healthy Philly is here to support your personal journey by providing ideas and resources to use physical activity and nutrition as well as tobacco-free living […]
- January 26, 2017 - The Food Trust provides health screenings at select corner stores at the same time each month through partnerships with local health care providers as part of their Heart Smarts program. Participants are screened for blood pressure, given weight checks, and are offered healthy lifestyle counseling, referrals and resources, including information on smoking cessation. See […]
- December 23, 2016 - The Community Health Assessment (CHA) analyzes how healthy people are in Philadelphia. It highlights key public health challenges that assist health programs, policies and partnerships. The CHA includes more than 60 topics including health behaviors, health conditions, health care, social and environmental determinants of health. “Despite Philadelphia’s poverty rate and health problems associated with poverty, […]
Wednesday, 22 February 2017 4:19 pm
From Feb 14 to March 14 the #Healthy3ForMe Challenge encourages everyone to take small steps toward a healthier, less stressed way of life. We encourage our readers to achieve these goals in 3 ways: move more, reduce sugar and relieve stress. Post your progress via social media and get a chance to win a Fitbit! The Coach Lez Page
1. Upload a photo to Instagram using the hashtag #Healthy3ForMe
2. Upload a photo or Twitter using the hashtag #Healthy3ForMe
3. Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
0 0 5